Do you have an auction coming up soon and wonder if you should spring for professional auctioneers in Maryland? There are some people who believe that bringing in a pro to run the auction might not be worth the extra expense, but there are just as many or more reasons why having a professional auctioneer on hand can be a major benefit to you and to the success of your event.
Here are a few of the biggest reasons why you should bring in professional auctioneers for your upcoming event:
- They keep the energy high: Auctioneers are trained in keeping people entertained and engaged in the auction between the items that come up for sale. This is important, because you’re going to get a lot more bids out of a lively, energized audience than you will out of an audience whose attention is fading because the auction is starting to get boring. It’s critical to maintain control of the room at all times during an auction, and professional auctioneers are highly skilled in doing so.
- They are great at selling items: Auctioneers aren’t just showmen—they’re salespeople. A great auctioneer prides himself or herself on an ability to sell just about anything. During your event, they’ll be dedicated to not just selling every item that goes up for auction, but also to maximizing the cost of the item that’s being sold. They’ve been trained to know when to push for more money and when to back off—part of this is in having a sense of the value of an item, but even more of it is an ability to read a room. They know how bidders operate during an auction and will be able to use different strategies to sell items at higher prices, which will greatly benefit you and your cause.
- They offer a great deal of efficiency: Auctioneers will guide you through the entire process, meaning you’ll have plenty of professional help before, during and after the event. They’ll be prepared for any type of hiccup that could possibly occur during the course of the event, and can work around these issues with efficiency and professionalism.
- They have significant knowledge of their field: Auctioneers have extensive knowledge about the items they’re brought in to sell, and will do a significant amount of research ahead of time to make sure they have all the knowledge they need to make convincing sales pitches to potential bidders. And again, you cannot understate the knowledge they have of bidders and how to get a feel for a room.
- They sell everything: The entire purpose of an auction is to connect all the items with buyers. You can rest assured that a professional will be able to get everything off your hands.
Professional auctioneers in Maryland are highly useful for events with auctions, whether they’re at estate sales, charity events or other types of events. For more information about the benefits of working with a pro, contact the team at Jane Campbell-Chambliss & Associates, LLC today.