Home remodeling projects can be fun and exciting. The new surroundings offer fresh scenery and increased functionality. They increase property value and enjoyment. They also require an initial step that is less enjoyable: before you can add the new, you must remove the old. In the past, this process was generally completed as demolition. Now, homeowners can take advantage of home deconstruction services in Maryland.
With deconstruction, fixtures and other materials are carefully removed and preserved for alternate uses. They can be reinstalled in other locations. This “recycle and reuse” method offers several benefits:
- Green advantage: Home deconstruction services in Maryland are good for the environment. They reduce the amount of waste involved in remodeling projects. Less material ends up in landfills, where it generates chemical runoff that can contaminate groundwater. It also reduces the amount of new materials that need to be produced, which reduces air pollution from factories and vehicles that are used to make and transport the goods.
- Community assistance: Many buildings that might otherwise sit in disrepair can be renovated using materials from home deconstruction services in Maryland. Commercial and residential properties with little funding benefit from this affordable option. Public buildings such as schools are some of the potential benefactors. Furnishings and electronics discarded during remodeling can be reused here to benefit the entire community.
- Widespread assistance: Often, home deconstruction services in Maryland result in aid for more than the local community. Through networked services with larger organizations, companies can provide materials for those who need them around the nation. A homeowner who chooses deconstruction could help families in need in disaster-relief areas several states away. A company such as Habitat for Humanity is but one example of the organizations that facilitate this type of nationwide assistance.
- Peace of mind: When completing renovations, it is sometimes difficult to remove furnishings and fixtures that may have been in the family for generations. Knowing these materials are going to benefit others can make this transition easier. The homeowner is better able to enjoy the process and the new surroundings with peace of mind that they are helping others and that other families will enjoy their old belongings.
- Financial perks: Home deconstruction services in Maryland can result in a significant tax deduction. Donated materials have value, whereas a pile of rubble in a landfill does not. When materials are deconstructed rather than demolished, they retain a certain value that can then be deducted at tax time, providing an additional financial benefit to the homeowner.
Are you considering a home remodeling project? Don’t make the mistake of demolishing your benefits. Choose home deconstruction services in Maryland to benefit from the many advantages of this process. For detailed deconstruction that gets you the most out of this service, contact the expert professionals at Jane Campbell-Chambliss & Associates, LLC. We offer in-depth knowledge of home deconstruction and property values to help you determine how to reap the most out of your proposed construction project. Reach out to our team today!